Tattoo Removal Aftercare Tips
Precision Laser provides detailed aftercare instructions after each treatment. Aftercare plays an essential in obtaining great results. Even if we use the safest protocols and greatest technology, you will not get great results if you do not care for your skin outside of our clinic. Make sure to follow these aftercare tips to ensure your skin heals beautifully.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry over the weeks following your treatment. Clean the area gently with soap and water and pat to dry.
- Blistering is very common and can occur within the first couple of hours after treatment. Although unsightly, blisters are a normal part of the healing process. Do not be alarmed as blisters heal very well with proper aftercare. DO NOT force blisters to pop. Instead, wait for the blister to naturally pop on its own then cover with a sterile bandage.
- Scabs are also a common side effect. DO NOT forcefully pick at any scabs. Doing so may lead to infection and unwanted scarring. Instead, allow the scab to flake off on its own.
- Showers can be taken 2 hours after treatment, but avoid high-pressure water from hitting the treated area.
- Baths, hot tubs, swimming pools, and all other activities that involve soaking the treated area should be avoided until the treated area and all blisters and scabs have fully healed.
- Sunblock with SPF of 25 or higher should be applied for one month prior to treatment and after the treated area has fully healed.
- Itchiness is very common and can be alleviated with Aquaphor, vitamin E ointment, or hydrocortisone cream.
- If you feel excessive discomfort or inflammation, you may take Tylenol or apply a cold compress after 24 hours have passed from the laser treatment. Avoid taking aspirin as this can increase the risk of bruising and/or bleeding.
- If you experience any unusual discomfort or bleeding, or if you have any immediate concerns, please contact our office immediately.